chornung

Journal Report - Name-Variation tags

In my Journal report, the names added as Name-Variation are all caps, whereas parent, child, etc. names are upper/lower, as specified on the Names tab of Report Options.

Where do I specify that I want those Name-Variation names to be upper/lower also?

~Carol

Name-variations are entered as upper/lower, just like primary names. As a test, I switched one of the name-variations to primary, and still got the same result: primary name in report was upper/low and variation was all upper.

However, I just realized this was only happening in the child's section of the journal report. So the child's entry in a Journal report looks like this, even though Child names on Names tab of Report Options is set to No Caps:

10. i. Mary Philomena Metz3 (40) was also known as MARY P METZ (40).

To test, I again switched the child's name-var to primary, and got the same result of name-var all upper and primary mixed.

Also get same result whether Include Surname and/or Honor Name Font Style & Color are checked under Child Names.

Using a v8.05 build,

After resetting the report, it works exactly like TMG7.

Names / Child names / No caps

Fonts / Surname / Bold

Fonts / Given Name / Bold

The child name beginning the child name section is controlled by the child name setting on the Names tab. It has no effect on the non-primary child names in the sentences.

The Fonts tab surname/given name settings have no effect on the child name beginning the child name section. The Fonts tab surname/given name settings affect the non-primary child names in the sentences.

So with the above settings, I get...

Ruby Parthenia2 Byram (72) was born...

She was also known as Ruby P. Byram (72).

Whether the above makes sense, it works like it worked in TMG7.

There is some issue in the code because I have seen the name beginning the paragraph in small caps when it should be no caps. Have to track that down.