Sign in to follow this  
wilkes

Project Explorer names in parentheses - Why?

This is first time I've tried this forum, so please pardon me as I muddle through.

Some of my Project Explorer names are in parentheses except for surname.

Seems to be only the latest entries. What am I doing wrong? Tried to edit,

but couldn't find anything to change. I'm a years-long TMG user, but never saw

this before. HELP!

Hi Wilkes,

I am just guessing, but I suspect that the non-surname parts of the names you are seeing were entered (or perhaps imported?) wholly into the Title field of the TMG Name tag for those people's names? The default TMG Name Style display when listing a name in Surname sort order is to enclose the Title in parentheses. To check, go to one of these people and open their Name tag and observe into which fields the data is entered.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Wow!! Quick response and right on! Feel pretty foolish now. Have entered hundreds and hundreds of names, but this time just, I guess, grabbed the top field and went with it without bothering to read that it WAS Title instead of First Name. Many thanks. Sadly, I'd been back numbers of times to that data entry field LOOKING for something I'd done wrong. Still didn't see it. Even when you said I should check for that specifically, I said to myself "Couldn't be", but looked anyway. Humbling experience. Many, many thanks!

Paul

Don't beat yourself up, Paul. I knew what to look for because I have been there myself. :D In fact, we all have at one time or another. Next time you will be able to answer someone else's question because you did the same thing yourself.