skolnick

First cousins marrying... and how to display in reports

I've been through the archives and there's not much at all on this topic. I am following a line in which first cousins married (not all that unusual in 19th and early 20th Century Eastern Europe). On a descendant chart, I have the mother's line with all the right descendants. But on the father's line on the same chart, the chart truncates one generation after the marriage.

Is there a control in Options that I'm misunderstanding that would display all descendant generations of both the father and the mother? (Could it be that suppressing duplicates deal with just this situation?)

There's a possible work-around, I suppose, in creating a "ghost" person with all of the descendants... but I'd prefer not doing that if there's a way to maintain the link with a single entry.

You don't say whether you are using a Descendant Box Chart or a Descendant Indented Chart. If the latter, there is an option on the Miscellaneous tab to "Repeat duplicate lines" that I think should do what you want.

You don't say whether you are using a Descendant Box Chart or a Descendant Indented Chart. If the latter, there is an option on the Miscellaneous tab to "Repeat duplicate lines" that I think should do what you want.

Hi Terry. Thanks for taking this one one. I'm using TMG 8.02.0000, and the issue is a descendant box chart. I suspect the box chart options are different than the indented chart options, because there's nothing under the OTHER > MISCELLANEOUS sections in the box chart to "repeat duplicate lines."