swilush

Reinstalled latest version 8.x / Cannot open/create file or close program

I just upgraded my verson 8 to the latest version on Win 7 PC. The upgrade had a fatal error and so I followed the instructions on the forum to delete and reinstall. The reinstall was successful, but when I open the program most of the options on all menus are grayed aout and cannot be selected. Foe example, on the File menu, the only active option is the printer setup. Even the exit X-box in the upper right corner of screen is grayed out. I can't exit using that button or the x-box displayed when i hover over the TMG icon in the task bar. The only way to exit is via the task manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does the Welcome Window open normally and then you select a project to open and see the dimmed options?

Is the option on the Window menu to 'Center the current window' still active? If so, try that.

When you installed did you select the Typical (not Custom) and for All Users options?

Virginia

The welcome window oones, the sample database autoloads before I can even select the option tio create a new file and all ooptions immediately gray out. Foir the install, I selected the Typical and dore all users options.