oldjazz

Conditional Flags and Tags

Is there a way that I can create a flag whose value is determined by the content or presence of a specific tag? I'd like to duplicate the way the "Living" flag is changed from "?" to "N" whenever an entry is made in a "Death Tag Group" or "Burial Tag Group".

I've created a Flag and a Custom Tag for the 1940 Census. Whenever I add the "1940 Census" Tag to an individual, I'd like the "1940 Census" flag to automatically change from "N" to "Y". This would also change the related Accent Color so that I have a visual reference for those that I've yet to find in the 1940 Census.

You need a List of People or List of Events report with an appropriate filter and secondary output setting to update the flag settings. You can run this periodically to update the flags and that will update the accent.

My desire is slightly different. I have a database with almost 100,000 people for the Wells Surname DNA Study. I have custom flags for each of the 100 DNA Families so I can separate individuals by "direct descendant" or 'collateral' for each DNA Family. Sometimes a 'collateral' (spouse) is a direct descendant in a different DNA Family (the spouse's surname is WELLS) .. so they could have flags marked in two different DNA Family (flag value of "P" or "C"). My Reference Field represents the DNA Family and the ID of the unique person who submitted sample for the Y-DNA test.. SOOOOO ... I need a report that gives me all the Flags and their values for ALL the people in my Project. I am thinking something like a CSV/spreadsheet output. I can run it by DNA Family but with over 100 DNA Families it is very time consuming.... and with the limitation of the number of report output fields, I was hoping there was a report that might output all flag values for either a single ID or ALL IDs

Is there such a report 'animal'?

Sounds like you need a List of People report exported in the Excel format that you can then sort and insert spacer lines to label as you want. If this is the correct direction that you want give me some idea of the number of fields that you want to output and I can give you some more help.

Susan Moore