Helmut Leininger

TMG 8.05 - problem in data entry

Hi,

after updating to TMG 8.05 I have encountered a strange problem several times.

After entering death data ( maybe when adding a child to a parent, filling the form with birth infomration and death date without place ?) in the person window, some characters are shown in the deatch line that I did never enter. See atached death_data image.

Closing and restarting TMG does not help.

Opening the death window (double-click) does show a form that contains only the date, not other information - which would be correct. see attached deatch_data-2 image. After clicking on ok without any changes made, everything seems to be correct.

Regards

Helmut

post-4598-0-00584900-1364077093_thumb.jpg

post-4598-0-67238800-1364077140_thumb.jpg

Helmut,

In the PV you can have a tag tell you to show the ROLE NAME or PRINCIPAL. Since you are seeing PRINC, I assume you have the DEATH Tag set to show PRINCIPAL. Go to the MASTER TAG TYPE LIST and edit the DEATH TAG. On the OTHER tab, select USING LABEL ABOVE if you want the role shown or leave it as it is to see what you are seeing. I am not sure why you are only seeing PRINC instead of PRINCIPAL, but that is the only explanation I can think of for what you are seeing. TMG has worked this way for as long as I can remember.

Hi,

Sorry, but I cannot agree your explanation. The problem has never occurred up to and including TMG 8.04. I did not change anything in the element list, just updating to version 8.05.

And it would not explain two other effects, either.

- It occurs only when I enter some death data (date, place etc) in the Person Add screen, it does not occur of the death is added later.

- Why does it disappear when the death is opened by double-click and resubmitted by clicking on OK without any changes ?

I am not sure if it is just a problem in non-English versions or a general problem.

I have played with several export options and "Princ" appears in the "type e" files (see attachment). My assumption is that is has something to do with the new way roles are stored.

Death_Princ.zip

Hi,

Additional info:

Seems to disappear by removing the hook in "Display roles for" "Principals". I don't know which are the defaults.

However, there remains a difference in the behaviour between 8.04 and 8.05 (only for new records). Maybe also for other element types ?

Thanks anyway for inspiring me to look in the right direction.