doffutt
  • Senior Members
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy
    Shooting/Reloading
    Camping

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Helmut,

I've tried to duplicate your problem using a newly created project. After getting some initial entry information entered through the data entry I checked to see what the repeat would do.  As this was a clean install of TMG8.06, there were no repeat values for any field, even after the initial data entry was complete. As soon as I created and completed a new tag entry though, any subsequent entry had repeat values available.

Have you looked at your files in the UsersxxxxxxDocumentsThe Master Genealogist v8Repeat_files directory? When you add anything does the time stamp of the Repeat.DBF, Repeat.FPT and Repeat_S.DBF change? If you click to see the properties of those files does your account have permissions to make changes?

Dave

#22 Helmut Leininger

Helmut Leininger
  • Senior Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Dave,

the file permissions are ok and the files can be written to. Inputs to other fields than Memo in the Add Person form are remembered and can be repeated by F3.

When a Memo is entered via the Birth Event form, it is memorized and can be repeated from the Add Person form, too.

Looking at the file contents, it seems that all values (also typed in the Memo field in the Add Person screen - which cannot be repeated later) is written to Repeat.fpt. But there is no reference from Repeat.DBF to this value, therefor it cannot be repeated. This is kind of guessing because I have no documentation for the structure of (and the links between) these files, I can only see its contents by DBF editor or Hex editor.

Edited by Helmut Leininger, 30 March 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Regards
Helmut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users