Sign in to follow this  
wrichards

TMG 8.06 and "Blanks for Missing Data"

I have had a chance to play around with the "blanks for missing data" feature in TMG 8.06 and it seems to be working to exclude data which it did not before. What has changed however is that previously if "blanks for missing data" was selected the journal report would include blank lines for birth, marriage, death and burial if there were no tags for those events. Now it only provides blanks for tags which exist but are incomplete. For instance if I have a birth date but no location the tag will list the birth date followed by blanks for the location. If I do not have a birth tag at all I no longer get the blank line that says: He was born on __________ at ____________. Is this change intentional or is it a bug.

Bill Richards

OK. I see in TMG7 what should happen. It differs for the child list and children carried forward. See the screenshot.

I'll add this to the changes that need to be done but the more critical bugs will come first.

missing.JPG

Jim,

Thank you for looking into this. Just one more request. In your example the blanks are printed in the order of Born, Married, Buried, Died. This is getting closer to the correct order than I have seen but can the blanks be ordered as BMDB. It would be great if this could be done not only when all items blank but keep that order even when some tags have data.

Bill