Sign in to follow this  
stony157

Repeated Prompt to Enter Serial Number

I have a new computer with Windows 8 OS. I installed and work with TMG v8 just fine, but every time I open TMG, it gives me the "Trial Version of TMG has expired" window and prompts for my serial number which I have repeated entered. I can't find anything in File Preferences or anywhere else that I need to correct this nor have I encountered this problem in earlier versions. Any suggestions to keep my SN in the software?

Edited by stony157

Answer from Jim Byram to a similar thread:

There is a solution that you can use to make this go away. (And this also works with TMG7 and any other program that has this issue under Windows 8.)

The next time that Win8 deletes the registration data...

1) Run TMG8 once as administrator (by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting 'Run as administrator').
2) Unlock.
3) Exit TMG.

Now the registration data will no longer be deleted by the system.

I am running TMG 8 under Windows 8 and found the same problem. Even after using Jim's method, I continued to have the same problem. My solution has been to force running TMG as Administrator every time. To do this:

1. Navigate to the shortcut for TMG
  2. Right click and select properties
  3. Click on Advanced button
  4. Tick "Run as administrator"

Note that if you run TMG from both the desktop and modern user interface you have to make this change to both shortcuts.