Sign in to follow this  
jimward

Changing default Place Style from UK back to US

Hello,

I am sure there is a simple way to do this, however I have not yet found it.

My TMG is somehow now set to use the UK Place Style, and I want to change that default back to US so that I do not have to change it every time I add a tag or anything else. Can someone point me in the correct direction? [i might add on a side note, my copy now states it is the UK Gold version on the about screen, even though I have installed the US version, several times, to try to correct this. It does not seem to be an issue otherwise]

Thanks in advance,

Jim Ward

You can change the default place and name styles in the Data Set Manager.

File / Data Set Manager

If you want a US installation...

1) In the program folder, delete the install_uknnn.dis file. (nnn being the current version that you have installed)

2) Delete the shared program data folder. Delete the entire folder, not just the contents. (see the Data File Storage help topic for the location)

3) In the user program data folder, delete the app.ini and update.ini files. (again, see the Data File Storage help topic for the location)

After that, the necessary files and folders will be recreated by the program when you run it.

(You can also get the folder locations by using the Help / Access Folders feature.)

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I have corrected the Place Style to US.

However, I have tried searching this forum for the Help topic "Data File Storage help topic for the location" and get 75 results! Can you please point me in the direction [for a non forum user!]?

Thanks in advance,

Jim...

Try the TMG program help.

Help / Help Contents (use the index in the help app to access the 'Data File Storage' help topic)

and...

Help / Access Folders

The program help has 755 topics to aid you in using TMG. :D