Martin in Portugal

Filter Progress Window

Martin,

as you know the "Filter Progress Window" closes automatically after 5 seconds. In case you don't want to wait for the window to automatically close you have the option to close this window manually at any time of your liking.

However, that's the only option available.

In other words there's no program / application setting to alter that "display time".

That's disappointing... however, whilst clicking 'Close', the screen does close quicker but still takes several seconds I'm afraid.

(I have spent some 5 hours today making changes to 247 Census tags which had become 'corrupted' in the recent past and I really have a lot of updates to make to my Project which have had to be put off during this correcting process...)

Can someone explain the delays function in the "Filter Prgress" window, please?

Martin

Martin,

the screen enables the user to quickly (and for a very limited time only) see how many people, events etc match the (various) criteria of the user selected / defined filter conditions and thus provides an immediate idea whether the filter conditions provide the "expected result" or not.

As you will have noticed the screen even has an optional check box "to never close automatically".

You are using the Project Explorer to select people for editing?

If so, why don't you use the Focus Group? Copy all primary names in the Project Explorer to an empty Focus Group.

And then use the Focus Group to work through the names. Remove each completed name.

With the Focus group, you will have no 'filter progress' at all.