Konnarock Kid

Computer Crash - Lost TMG

I hope I am posting in the proper forum. Forgive me if I am in the wrong area, but I have a real problem.

Recently, I had a computer crash and can no longer access TMG. I have no idea which version of TMG I was using since I have been using TMG for years.

I have three questions:

First: Will I have to buy a new copy of TMG or is there a record of my purchase? I must have downloaded my copy as I cannot find the program CD.

Second: Assuming I am able to secure a new copy of TMG, can I install it on two different computers?

Third: All I have is the back up Gedcom. Can I repopulate a newly installed TMG with the Gedcom?

Please help and thanks.

Kid,

1. Contact Support to see if there is a record of your purchase. Use the link above to go to the Main Site, then the link for Contact Us for the email address and phone numbers. They should be able to help you. If your latest version is really ver 5 you will not be able to install it on any current computer system.

2. The license allows you to install on up to three computers for your own or your family's use, provided only one copy is actually used at one time.

3. Do you really have a GEDCOM? That would not be a normal backup from TMG. TMG's backups are SQZ files, and you can Restore that in the new installation. If it is really a GEDCOM you can Import it, but likely with considerable loss of information, depending on just how many of TMG's features you used.

It seems we have had a major error (ADMIN file missing...) after a problem with TMG yesterday. We've jumped through all the hoops we can to try and fix. I believe we are running 5.0 still as the recent versions didn't have the pedigree-box chart we need for our end users. We cannot lay hands on the install disk - is there any chance anyone has an old 5.0 disk we can get?

Leah P

Contact Support.

You don't need a disk. You should be able to download the installer for v5.15 which was the last v5 build.

TMG v5 won't run properly on Windows 7 or later.