Sign in to follow this  
wrichards

TMG 8.08 and "Blanks for Missing Data"

TMG 8.06 seemed to be working to select the BMBD events which you wanted to be included rather than automatically including all BMBD when you selected "blanks for missing data". What was changed however is that previously if "blanks for missing data" was selected the journal report would include blank lines for birth, marriage, death and burial if there were no tags for those events. Now it only provides blanks for tags which exist but are incomplete. For instance if I have a birth date but no location the tag will list the birth date followed by blanks for the location. If I do not have a birth tag at all I no longer get the blank line that says: He was born on __________ at ____________. Is this change intentional or is it a bug. This same situation exists in TMG 8.07 and 8.08.

Bill Richards

There is a bug submission regarding the dummy events for missing data. It just hasn't been worked on yet.

There are also inconsistencies in event order in the TMG7 report and it's not clear how do deal with those.