Sign in to follow this  
John K

Problem with Sentence Preview

I just completed a clean reinstallation of Windows XP, and have reinstalled TMG. Everything looks fine, except I cannot see sentence previews for most tags.

There is no problem with birth, death and marriage tags - for which I use traditional formats like: [P] was born <[D]><[L]>). Here, TMG shows a full preview of the sentence.

For most other tags, I long ago changed the default sentence structures to be more of an outline format (such as, Burial: <[D],><L><M>). Now, when I click on "Sentence" for any of these tags, the window shows the sentence structure for the tag, but the Preview box is completely blank.

Since everything worked fine 2 days ago, I assume I made some silly mistake. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to see these sentence previews again?

By any chance do your sentences begin with carriage returns, such as [:CR:] codes? It only takes a few of these to scroll the sentence preview down where you don't see it

Jim and Michael,

Jim - you are correct, I left out two sets of brackets when I typed my post.

Michael - thank you. Although I am embarrassed to admit it, that was exactly the problem.