betsymil

Help with locked dataset

I imported a gedcom file trying to save time entering some family data. I wanted it to be unlocked so I could remove some of the people and add more of my line. It never gave me the option whether to import it as locked or unlocked and the button is grayed out in the Data Set Manager. I have tried to figure out how to export some of the people to a new project, but that option is also grayed out. Is there any way to do this other than just manually entering this whole family into a new project???

Thanks for any suggestions.

This is what you would see running an unregistered timed-out TMG installation. But that doesn't explain how you were able to import.

Should I mention I also have a data set that has 21,800 people in it that is my main project. I was starting this other one for a friend to get them started. <G> I have been a TMG user since it was a blue screen with white letters.

Any chance the dataset is already unlocked (is there a lock symbol next to the dataset name?). And you have selected / highlighted that dataset?

The latest version is v8.08 so you will want to update. It fixes several problems.

Virginia

Aha! I have no clue why it didn't update automatically, but that did fix my problem! Afte rthe update, I was able to unlock the data set. Thanks, Virginia!