gcdyer

v 8.08 Invalid Path or Filename

I am trying to export a Gedcom file of approximately 12,000 individuals. Just before the process is to begin I get:

"Invalid Path or Filename" "285 Exportgedcom"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Make sure that the Export path on the Advanced tab in Preferences is valid.

Make sure that the filename and path on 'Step 2: Export to' in the export wizard are valid.

Hi Jim,

Which "Advanced Tab?" The only one I could find that might deal with a Gedcom export was under File>Preferences>Current Program Options. There is the Export file path which leads to the folder Export.

George

There is only one Advanced tab in Preferences and only one export path on that tab.

The error message is very simple... an invalid filename or path is being used for the export.

Check that path on the Advanced tab to verify it is valid for your current installation. Sometimes folks still have it pointing to v7.

While that would not be a good practice, it would not trip the "Invalid Path or Filename" error message above.

No. Since that would be a valid path, you would get a prompt asking if you want to create the folder.

The error message is tripped by an invalid filename or path, not by a valid path that doesn't exist.

You can export to a folder and filename of your choosing to try and get around this. For example...

Export: Fribbish.GED

To: C:test