blomble

Exhibit Log icon oddity

Any thoughts on this strangeness?

My Exhibit Log Icon (camera) used to glow green when exhibits were present.
Since a fresh install to a new computer, the icon remains a plain grey even when images/exhibits are present.

Not critical, but annoying!

Mark

TMG Gold UK Edition 8.0.4.0000

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Yes, Mark, this was an issue with these icons reported in early releases of Version 8. I believe it has been fixed since Version 8.05, but I echo Virginia's advice that you should update to Version 8.08.

Mark -

The current version is v8.08. You may want to update to that and see if the problem persists.

Virginia

That does not work for me.

I first attempted an update from within the program. The update process failed after removing the original program with a "Fatal Error". I could then not re-install the 8.04 version and had to resort to a System Restore (which for the first time actually worked as one would hope!)

I then downloaded the TMG UK 8.08 full installer - This failed with the following error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Will now have to do another System Restore to get back to 8.04. (This is beginning to feel like a new topic!)

Mark

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Mark -

The current version is v8.08. You may want to update to that and see if the problem persists.

Virginia

That does not work for me.

I first attempted an update from within the program. The update process failed after removing the original program with a "Fatal Error". I could then not re-install the 8.04 version and had to resort to a System Restore (which for the first time actually worked as one would hope!)

I then downloaded the TMG UK 8.08 full installer - This failed with the following error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Will now have to do another System Restore to get back to 8.04. (This is beginning to feel like a new topic!)

Mark

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit

OK - All a bit 2001, but it was sorted out with a full manual uninstall of 8.04 (as per pinned tips) & then an install of the downloaded UK package.

The green glow is back!

Mark