Yoneit

Visual Chartform blurs in jpeg

When I export the Visual Chartform descendant chart for one of my ancestors to share with fellow descendants, it blurs when I enlarge it in Windows Photo Viewer. My cousins are reporting trouble reading the charts that I send them in jpeg. What can I do to fix this problem?

A JPG saved from VCF is 96 dpi. It will blur as you magnify it. Don't save it as a JPG, save it as a PDF. To do this you will need to save it with (in Vista, Win7, Win 8) the PDF writer as the default windows printer. Save the chart as PDF then it will not pixellate. This file will then magnify as you expect.

RobinL

Another approach - if you are wanting a JPG file of a small chart to include in a wordprocessing file.

Create a chart where all the box sizes and font heights, etc are a multiple of the required final size, say 4 times.

Then the JPG will contain 16 times the number of pixels. When it is viewed it iwill be less likley to be blurred. Also that JPG can then be shrunk as it is inserted in to a Word document to give a better quality image than the original 96 dpi one.

RobinL