Susan Moore

TMG 8.08 Loads my project very slowly

Please email me the project backup that you sent Helmut and I'll do an in-depth analysis of the project structure.

You can send me an email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

FYI

I just did the following with Susan's project:

- select about 10 persons in the project explorer

- run a list of persons report with secondary output creating a new project (takes a few seconds)

Opening the new project shows the same problem.

The project had a bad TSENTENCE memo for the Census1930 tag type. I fixed it and sent the repaired project to Susan. The fixed project opens as it should.

This is the 3rd or 4th project that I've examined with this particular type of TSENTENCE damage.

Jim,

I also suspected the tag types as the problem is also present with one person only and the _t.fpt file seemed to be quite large. But I have not yet been able to trace it down to this detail.

Hello All,

Can you advise how you found this damaged TSENTENCE within a project? I am also having some issues with my project that is 2GB in Size(600,000 Names) and its very slow when I click on something within the program(Click PICKLIST of people could take 5-10 mins to populate.)

Windows 7

Core i7

4GB RAM

240 SSD

I do not know what Jim used to edit my file. I do know that he deleted and replaced the roles and/or tag for CENSUS1930 based on another tag. He identified the file ending in t.fpt in my project as the problem because it was very large. After the fix it was about 20% of the original size. My file is now 401 KB. It is larger, however I have added more roles since the fix.

Susan Moore