I am having trouble with FGS and Individual Detail report output of sentences containing memos with roles. I am running v8.07 on Windows 7. (I was also having this problem in 8.04, so I backed up my databases first, upgraded to 8.07, and then restored from backup.)

Example memo in a ResearchNote tag:

Joseph Lybundgutt is probably the man by that name [R:Witness] who married (1) [R:Witness3] 31 Aug 1595 at Melchnau, and (2) [R:Witness4] 27 Jun 1603 at Melchnau.

There are 3 witnesses for the ResearchNote tag:

Witness: Joseph Leibundgut
Witness3: Esbeth Dambach
Witness4: Raegula Arber

The sentence structure:

[:CR:]Research note:[:CR:]<[M]>

The sentence preview is just as expected (although it needs a bit of cleaning up, I must admit):

Research note:
Joseph Lybundgutt is probably the man by that name Joseph Leibundgut who married (1) Esbeth Dambach 31 Aug 1595 at Melchnau, and (2) Raegula Arber 27 Jun 1603 at Melchnau.

The Individual Narrative, Journal, and Descendant Indented Narrative reports are also as expected:

Research note:
Joseph Lybundgutt is probably the man by that name Joseph Leibundgut (273) who married (1) Esbeth Dambach (35) 31 Aug 1595 at Melchnau, and (2) Raegula Arber (36) 27 Jun 1603 at Melchnau.

However, the FGS and Individual Detail reports are bad:

Witness; Joseph LEIBUNDGUT (27); Joseph Lybundgutt is probably the man by that name [R:00002] who married (1) [R:00004] 31 Aug 1595 at Melchnau, and (2) [R:00005] 27 Jun 1603 at Melchnau.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help!!

Barbara

Barbara -

The Individual Detail and Family Group Sheet reports do not include sentence structures.

Note the latest version is v8.08. It has fixed some problems in v8.07 so you will want to update.

Virginia

Barbara -

The narrative reports (Individual Narrative, Journal, Descendent Indented Narrative) all include sentence structures. The FGS and Individual Detail reports include the facts as they appear in the Person view. Some people prefer narratives, others want just the details. If you will be using the FGS and ID, you may be interested in some of the formatting options discussed in the forum message here.

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

I often use the FGS and ID at the data entry or analysis stages and narratives at the presentation stage. Right now, I am proofing data entry, which includes roles in the memos. I never noticed (or maybe I simply forgot) that FGS and ID don't include sentence structures, so I will try to make do with the narratives.

But I do look forward to playing with the new formatting options. Many thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Barbara