Elderflower

Ahnentafel report screen preview problem

Hello to everyone. I am new to posting on this forum but have lurked for years and have gained a lot of help simply by searching the site and finding information. I am running TMG v8.4 UK edition on Windows 8 64bit having upgraded from TMG v4.0d earlier this year when I had a new computer running Win 8. It has been a learning curve but enjoyable nonetheless.

I have designed an Ahnentafel report that I want to show in screen preview only. The report shows a family - Father, spouse and their children with their birth and death dates plus any census tags entered for each of them. The report will only display on a separate page for each person but I would like it to continue without the page breaks. I have unchecked the "page break before each subject" box in Options/ Miscellaneous. If I set the report output to Word, the same thing happens and I can see page break formatting. However, if the output is set to ANSI formatted or ASCII formatted, then the report shows as I want it without page breaks.

I tried returning the report to default and tested it without my selected tags, just the default "All Tag Types" and the report screen preview has no page breaks between subjects. When I then deselected them all and reselected the three tag types I want, again the screen preview showed a separate page for each subject. Any ideas as to what I need to do to get the report to display on screen as a whole?

It may be pertinent to say that during data entry I enter census tags separately for each individual in a household and do not use the "Witness" method used by some people. Could there be a better report to use to obtain the information I need for research and validation purposes?

Regards

Pat

Pat -

I use the Family Group Sheet - but it makes a difference how you enter the census information since the FGS does not use sentences. My census info is in the Memo without a sentence. I also do not use Witnesses.

CensusFGS.jpg

Virginia

Tried the FGS but even that will not display on screen correctly. It shows the Mum and Dad and children and is then repeated several times with splits in the report in odd places. Again, just chose Birth, Death and Census tags to be included in the report.

Pat

Revised the filter for the FGS to select just the subject's ID and removed the checkbox tick for "add spouse" and "descendants for one generation" and the screen preview now shows just the family as I want to see with their birth, death and all entered census details.

Thank you again for your response, I am now happy with a report in a format I can use.

Pat