Sign in to follow this  
Jim Byram

Exhibits to Tag to People

E524 made the first post...

I have a family picture. I create a tag Img-Portrait in the person view of the head of the family. I then add as Witnesses everyone in the picture. I attach the picture as an exhibit inside the tag. Close the tag.Now when I open the Exhibit Log for the head of the family that picture shows up. I go to one of the people linked as Witnesses and open their Exhibit Log and it doesn't. I can understand why this is. But is there any way to get around it? I'm pretty sure I can only have 2 Principals...

(The original topic was damaged and I had to reconstruct it.... jeb)

Basic question is can I get a picture attached to an event that then shows up in the Exhibit Log for all the people tagged? Both principals and witnesses. I don't want to have to attach the same picture to each person separately.

Robbie,

I see the same thing. Exhibits attached to events show in the logs for the Principals, but not for the Witnesses. I don't know whether this is intended or not.

Why is is important to you that they appear in the log? Don't they still appear in reports and sites created with Second Site?

Tested in Version 7.04 and they do not show in a Witness' log in that version either.

As to the question:

... can I get a picture attached to an event that then shows up in the Exhibit Log for all the people tagged? Both principals and witnesses.

I cannot find a way to do this. However, as Terry notes, if you include exhibits in your output, the exhibit will show in both TMG reports and SS. Further, I choose to include the Exhibits column on the Details view in the Program Tag Box Preferences, and I have Witnessed events a special color in the Project Options Colors Preferences. For me this highlights witnessed tags, and shows that it has an exhibit. By opening that event from the Witness' Details I can open and see the exhibit.

I agree this is not as robust as showing them in the Exhibits log, but it has never bothered me before as I seldom use the Log to see what Exhibits are attached to an individual. I only ever attach one exhibit to the Person, and have that show in my layout, and always open the event to see its exhibit.

Mostly I want to be able to see if I have any pictures of someone from their page. I just turned on the Exhibits column on the Details view like Michael said & that should work good enough.

I wonder if a subset of tags like the image ones could be set so the witnesses get the picture too?

Thanks for clarifying, Robbie.

I've posted an inquiry to the developers to see if there is a reason Exhibits for Witnesses are not included on the Exhibit Log.

I understand why. If you have a full load of pictures & documents for a wedding all attached to the marriage tag you wouldn't want all those to show up in the Exhibit Log for everyone. What I run into though is pictures for a family reunion. I attach them all to the event and in that case I would want them all to show up for the attendees.