davec

Relationships

I have been adding 9 children to a family that is directly related to me. 1st cousins 3 x removed. No problem with the relationship for 7 children but two say they are not related to me.

Anybody got any idea's how to fix this.

Dave C

How are you determining the relationship? If you are relying upon the Automatic Relationship tag, that is not recalculated when you add people. You must explicitly "Refresh relationships" in Preferences // Current Project Options // Other. If instead you are using the Relationship Calculator Tool, then it is possible that these two children may have one or the other parent either not linked or not made Primary.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Michael

Thanks, worked perfectly. Not seen that options before. What I think confused me was that the Relationship calculator work but not the automatic Relationship tag.

Thanks again

Dave C

And Dave, if you have a custom toolbar like I use, one of the buttons you can define is to turn on/off the automatic Relationship tag. Toggling it off and then back on will recalculate the relationships. Quicker than going into Preferences.