stony157

Moving a Project File to a Different File Folder

I want to move my projects from one file folder to another folder which happens to be a Dropbox folder. I can't find a "Save as" function in TMG, but I am looking for the equivalent. I see the numerous files starting with my file name in the current folder, but I want to be cautious about copying all of the files and not missing any. Is there a way within TMG to move or copy a project into a different folder and start using the project in the new location? I have already changed the default project file location so any new projects will be in the new location.

A single project contains close to 100 files. It is good housekeeping to keep each project in its own folder. From within TMG you can use File / Copy Project to move a project to a new folder. You can also Restore a backup of your project to a new folder. Make a fresh backup of the project before copying it. Once the projects are safely moved, and after verifying they work correctly, you can delete the extra copy.

Note, however, it is strongly recommended that projects NOT be located in a Dropbox - or other Cloud service - folder. There is a serious risk of data loss if TMG files are being synced while you work in a project. Only backup (.sqz) files should be stored in a synced folder. Note also that GEDCOM output is adversely affected when Dropbox is enabled.

Virginia