johnbuckjr

Visual Chartform - PNG Image Files

Is there a fix of somesort available, so that .png images will work with Visual Chartform files? I'm running 64 bit Vista and VCF crashes if I attempt to include images. I noticed on a Forum that if I exclude images the VCF will work, and that was true for me, but all of my images are .png files and they would be nice to include.

John -

I am not aware of a fix of any sort. An option would be to convert your png images to jpg using a free program like IrfanView. If you want to retain your png images, make a copy of them first in Windows Explorer and convert the copies.

Having said that, I do not know how or if changing the exhibit file extensions would affect your exhibit links within TMG. You would want to first test that on a single image to see if there is a problem. [Edited to add Jim's reply below: "This would break them, of course. Changing the filetype makes the file a different file".]

Apparently there is no practical solution for using your png images.

Virginia

Having said that, I do not know how or if changing the exhibit file extensions would affect your exhibit links within TMG. You would want to first test that on a single image to see if there is a problem.

This would break them, of course. Changing the filetype makes the file a different file.

John -

You can Insert a png image into a created chart - using the Insert button on the Drawing toolbar in the chart. While not practical to insert an image into every box, you may find ways to use free-floating images - as in examples of the late Mike Talbot's charts on the VCF forum and on his web site; see his 'Descendants of General George Smith Patton, Jr.' chart here .

Virginia

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried inserting png files into the onscreen created file - and it didn't work. It just froze the machine for a few minutes before simply closing the Insert window on every try, I tried to insert a jpg image, and that worked! I took a look at the pages you suggested. Thank you. They are very nice. George Patton was quite a guy!

John