Sign in to follow this  
Helmut Leininger

Project suddenly needs extreme long time to start

Hi,

Suddenly, my project is starting up very slowly (more than 15 minutes). Please could someone check?

The project backup size is about 460 MB. I may send it to any server you want or upload it to my homepage and send you the link.

I am using TMG 8.08 and Windows 8.

Thanks for your help.

One reason that has been seen several times for this is a corrupted sentence memo in the T-table. Does the ..._t.FPT file appear to be abnormally large?

Make a project backup containing only the project files, accents and filters and upload it to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab and let me know the name of the backup file so that I can retrieve it.

The unknown place record (P-table, RECNO 1) is missing from the P-table.

Inserting RECNO 1 into the P-table fixed the startup problem. Since this place record was used in more than half the event records, this was the issue.

The question is how you were able to delete the place record (RECNO = 1). There is no way to do that without a direct edit of the P-table.
%%%%%%%%%%
The fixed P-table files are attached.
Add these files to your project folder replacing the existing files. Delete the corresponding .CDX file.
After your project opens, run Optimize, Validate File Integrity and Optimize.
When you exit and restart, your project should open normally.

P-table.zip

Edited by Jim Byram

Hi Jim,

thank you for your efforts. This seems to be one of the mysteries of IT. I looked at an older version - and the record 1 of the P table is already gone. I have no idea when it disappeared. And now idea why in this case the project could start up in "normal" speed.

The first record has the id 5 (not 1 as in the sample project) and there does not seem to be a record 1 in the whole file.