patthepiper

TMG Marriage Tag Causing Second Site Error

Second Site reports ' Role Second/00006 not found for marriage person 6266'

With TMG loaded and #6266 Person Page displayed, the marriage tag entry screen opens minus both Principal ID's. After a wait exceeding two seconds (measured with a stop-watch) Pricipal ID's appeared. On closing, then reopening the marriage tag it displayed ID's correctly.

With TMG closed, reloading SS, making site gives the same fault.

Opening TMG I ran Optimise, then VFI which reported no errors. #6266 Marriage tag opened correctly. TMG closed.

Opening SS, Make Site reported the same error.

With TMG reloaded, Principals ID's took over two seconds to display.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Pat Dunbar

Further to my earlier posting (repeated below), I'm using Second Site V.5 build 09, TMG 8 Gold UK V.8.08

Both on C: drive. HDD 78.5 GB used 833 GB free, RAM 4 GB

Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3.00 Ghz

Second Site reports ' Role Second/00006 not found for marriage person 6266'

With TMG loaded and #6266 Person Page displayed, the marriage tag entry screen opens minus both Principal ID's. After a wait exceeding two seconds (measured with a stop-watch) Pricipal ID's appeared. On closing, then reopening the marriage tag it displayed ID's correctly.

With TMG closed, reloading SS, making site gives the same fault.

Opening TMG I ran Optimise, then VFI which reported no errors. #6266 Marriage tag opened correctly. TMG closed.

Opening SS, Make Site reported the same error.

With TMG reloaded, Principals ID's took over two seconds to display.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Pat Dunbar

Pat,

I suspect the Second Site problem is described in Second Site Help FAQ section.

Most likely it's that the Sentence Language in Second Site is not set to the language in which you defined the Role.

On the other hand, the strange behavior in TMG may indicate a problem with the Project.

Terry,

I cannot find an FAQ for the problem - but I will have another look.

In both TMG and SS the language is set to English2

I copied the tag, and, as I suspected, it ran like the original i.e. on first opening it loaded the Principals after a delay; after closing the Marriage tag, and then reopening it the Principals appeared almost immediately.

I deleted the copy, shut down then reopened TMG.

Then, using identical names and data, I typed in (no copy & pasting) a duplicate. When run this gave the same delay. I then deleted the citation; the fault was still there. I did more runs, each time deleting some of the data, but the fault persisted. Between runs I closed and reopened TMG.

So I'm mystified.

I have several separate family lines to upload to Second Site. Would it be sensible for me to ignore the problem for the time being, and load some more lines to see if I can reproduce the fault? We could then compare the two records.

Regards,

Pat

Terry,

I cannot find an FAQ for the problem - but I will have another look.

Pat,

I provided a link to it above.

In both TMG and SS the language is set to English2

It needs to be the Sentence Language in SS that is set to the same as used for Sentences in TMG. But the more you describe the issues with the tag I don't think that's the problem. Hopefully Jim will have an idea.

Terry,

My error, sorry. I should have written both Site and Sentence Language set to English2. I have left Default to English (US) selected - if this is not correct please advise.

I am doing further checks on the fault and will email results later.

Kind regards,

Pat

Pat,

In Second Site, the Site Language should be set to a "real" language - like English (US). The Sentence Language should be set to the language in which you have created your Sentences in TMG, which can be either a standard or custom language.

But in this case I think Jim is probably onto the issue - I think it just shows up in Second Site because it's trying to read damaged data.

Terry - many thanks for the Language info.

I appear to have found the reason for the error.

My man #6266 had two marriages. One marriage was between two Principals, the other First and Bride, which gave 'Error Role Second 0006'

Changing the marriages to First & Bride and Second & Bride gave two errors, 'First/0005' and 'Second/0006' (or vice-versa)

Setting both marriages to Primary & Primary cleared the error.

So I guess it must be a Role problem and until I'm a little wiser I stick with 'Principals'

Many thanks for the help - and my apologies for wasting valuable time.

Pat

Setting both marriages to Primary & Primary cleared the error.

Huh? You mean 'Principal & Principal'? Otherwise your next sentence makes no sense.

If you upload a project backup (project files, accents, filters only) to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab and tell me the name of the file that you uploaded, I'll take a look at the Marriage tag type.

Jim