Just printed my first significant charts from my database of over 1,300 persons. To my dismay when I studied that charts most of my data was missing. I have checked the Person's View on my immediate family and the data is there it is just not printing on the charts.

I have looked through the FAQ and the Help Screens to no avail, obviously there is something I am missing. I have just updated to V8.08 but the problem existed before on V8.01.

Is there anyone else with a similar problem and can suggest how I can resolve this issue.

Cheers

tauceti

Adelaide SA

Australia

tauceti -

I live in Adelaide and could help you if give me a call or email me

RobinL

The report I am generating is the Descendant’s Box Chart.

All the Persons on that chart have a Birth Date yet only some of the records show a Birth Date on the Chart. This applies also to the other tags on the chart.

Each of the Person’s View shows their date of Birth etc. and has the requisite * indicating the entry is a Primary Tag.

This problem exists throughout my database and I am unable to see the cause.

Cheers, Tauceti

What do you have specified for the Data Types in the Chart Options? Do you have something like "Birth* Abbr Date"? Or do you have "Birth* Group Abbr Date"?

This is just a guess, without knowing what you have in the Chart Options, but if you are using more than one type of tag in the Birth group (e.g. Birth, Baptism, Christening) you will want to be sure to use the "group" data type which will output from any type of tag made Primary in the Birth group. The "Birth" only data type will only output if the specific Primary tag is "Birth" and give no output if some other type (e.g. Baptism, Christening).

Hope this gives you some ideas,

I now have a .SQZ backup of this project. I will investigate further but the first indications are that the Descendant Box Chart produced by Visual Chartform does not have the same person relationships as the chart created by the Descendant Indented Chart.

We have conducted all the maintenance tasks several time so to reduce VFI down to zero errors. The error still persists. I will look at the contents of the event tables as it appears that the primary indicator of some tags (and child-parent links) are not being interpreted correctly in the GenBridge export to Visual Chartform, while the Descendant Indented Chart appears to be producing the expected result.The person views in TMG are as expected. Data for births, deaths and marriages which are in the project are not on the chart, but appear in the Descendant Indented Chart. Parentage of children results in a lot of "unknown" persons" in VCF but no unexpected ones in the DIC.

This has to be a project data problem. I will report further once I have had the time to dig deeper.

RobinL.

Robin -

Could it be that the surety settings in the VCF chart options are different from those in the Descendant Indented Chart report?

The Unknown Person problem is often associated with surety settings. To include everyone in the chart, the surety settings in the Chart options (Chart Options / Other / Surety) for both 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' should be ticked.

Virginia

Robin -

Could it be that the surety settings in the VCF chart options are different from those in the Descendant Indented Chart report?

The Unknown Person problem is often associated with surety settings. To include everyone in the chart, the surety settings in the Chart options (Chart Options / Other / Surety) for both 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' should be ticked.

Virginia

Virginia - that was it. THANKS The include blank surety was not checked and some children had both parents and others only had one. I am waiting for a reply from Tauceti to confirm all is now OK.

RobinL

Hello to all who responded to my call for help.

To Robin especially for taking the time to look at my database and on to Virginia for her insight on the Chart Options.

I am pleased to report all is well with my charts now and my learning path has grown a further six inches as a result.

tauceti (Cliff)