Rosanna

Change right margin for family group sheet in MG?

Hello

Using v7 with Word 2010

I have no problem changing left hand margin of the Family Group sheet in Word. I just go to custom settings I have pre-set. for my book. However I cannot change the right hand margin. My custom margin setting should move these but they remain the same.

Even if I am able to create a new margin size will the words automatically wrap to the next line. This is not a real drama because I can move both the lines and text manually. I wondered if there is something in the programme settings that can be changed?.

regards

Rosanna -

Have you checked the margin options on the Properties tab on the report definition screen in TMG? In v7 the margins settings are the same for both Left and Right - no option for a different margin on the right than the left, which I assume is what you want. The new report writer in TMG v8 does offer a full range of margin settings for either side.

Virginia

Hello Virginia

No I cant find the properties tab in report definition but looked at the options and only have page numbers and fonts etc.

No I actually want the same margin for both right and left. I can manually do this when it goes to word by changing margin settings to custom but it only changes left hand and right doesn't move for some reason. The lines I suspect.

I only need the package for the final stages of my book as I have completed all my tasks in TMG except odds and ends. I am printing my charts in word to add to chapters in my book which has not used TMG except to collect raw data. I will also do descendant charts and these seem to be ok in custom setting as the right margin changes.

I have another problem I will post separately. I don't use it often and forget.

kind regards

Rosanna -

The Properties button (not a tab) is on the middle right side of the main Report Definition Screen - in the Report Destination area. When you click on that button you get the Printer setup screen where you can set the report orientation (Portrait or Landscape) and the margins (only 2 options in v7).

You can download the v8 30-day trial version and have a look at it. It is separate from v7 and both can run on the same machine.

The FGS in v8 is a bit different from v7 - tabular and you can use colors. You can see examples here.

Virginia