sky is blue

TMG v 8.08 Fan Chart font size jpg file

I created a fan chart 1/4 pie shape for 9 generations, font size 8 verdana. VCF displays this as 19.5 inches across the top and same length. When I save this as a jpg file it is only 6.25 inches and the font is shrunk to a useless size.

What can I do to get font size 8 in the fan chart saved as a jpg file ? I can use other software to resize the jpg file BUT I need a decent readable font to begin with.

Thanks

You want to use File / Export in VCF to export the chart as a .jpg - not 'save as'. Try that and see if it makes a difference.

I don't know what you have in mind for the chart, but you may want to treat it as a large chart and save it as a pdf using the instructions in the pdf download found in this message:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=14684&p=59391

For more information on VCF, along with many chart examples, see the forum section for VCF charts here:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showforum=18

Virginia

So in VCF, I select File, Export and that opens a window with the heading Save As .... Gives me the same result, the jpg is only 6.25 inches, yet vcf is 19.5. The about info for Visual Chartform says it is v 3.2, build date 1 Sep 2007. Is this the current version ? I want the fan chart in jpg so I can cut it into sections and manipulate them.

Thanks

So I have been trying to find a way to get a readable font size. I set fan chart text to 16 which created a chart 37.5 inches across the top and down the side. Then export aka save as jpg outputs an image that is 12 inches. I guess I can work with that.

The export has a window with 3 items - quality, smoothing and create html map. I have quality at 95, smoothing at 0 and no check for create html map. I did not find smoothing or html in the Help search.

Does create html impact the output image or does it merely create more files ?

Thanks