easouza

Declare DLL call caused an exception. 21 GRINDNAMES

I am unable to import FTM 2008/2009 files produced by FTM 2012 and FTM 2014 into TMG8. I have no problem importing these files into TMG7. I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Every time I try to import I receive the error "Declare DLL call caused an exception. 21 GRINDNAMES." I completely uninstalled TMG8 and reinstalled it using the latest version that I downloaded today from the web site. I still receive this error. What else can I do to alleviate this problem?

I tried a FTM 2009 import and got no error messagebox but no sources were imported so something has been broken. There was an internal "gbSource DLL syntax error" every time a source import was tried.

Let me see if I can get this resolved and if I can do that, then I'll come back and ask for your project to test.

I was trying to import a Legacy file directly into TMG (UK 8.08) and it gave a gbSource() DLL Alias name already in use - error message. The file imported but without any sources.

Importing via GEDCOM, the sources were present. (Win 7, 64 bit). So it's not just a FTM import problem.

I've added David's information above to the bug report. The GenBridge files were last updated 22 Jun 2011. That seems to be a long time to go without anyone finding this so the problem might have to do with the gbimport.app (that is used for both FTM and Legacy import).

Jim, I found a couple of older installation files and have tried importing a Legacy .fdb file to these older versions.

In v8.00 it works ok and the sources are imported, but in v8.06 it is broken (I didn't have anything inbetween) as it still is with v8.08.

I hope that helps to localise it a little...

I just posted this in another topic. The gbimport issue affecting FTM and Legacy was automagically fixed between two beta builds sometime in the second half of last year. Hopefully, these imports will work in the next release version. Note that Legacy8 import is not supported and some of the later Legacy 7/7.5 builds might have issues since there were a number of Legacy structural changes after the GenBridge import was last worked on. GenBridge hasn't been updated since mid-2011.

The last TMG version where the FTM and Legacy imports worked was v8.04. Whatever broke the imports in v8.05 didn't involve either GenBridge or the import apps.