Elizabeth

Showing more than one line of a tag

I used to be able to mouse over a tag and all of my memo would be shown (in v.7). I can't find any way to do the same thing in v.8. Please tell me that feature was not eliminated. If not, could you give me the instructions? Thanks.

I, too, had this problem until reading this post. Frustrating to say the least. Reading the "Help" files on V8.08 I just assumed the Project Explorer's "Multiline text" was the answer, but no! I really must say that the correct answer is absolutely counter-intuitive. I would NEVER have found this on my own. "Show Item Tips" to me implies that a little pop-up "tip" or "hint" screen was going to come up. Sure would be nice to have this fixed in the next update.

Thanks for help!

I, too, had this problem until reading this post. Frustrating to say the least. Reading the "Help" files on V8.08 I just assumed the Project Explorer's "Multiline text" was the answer, but no! I really must say that the correct answer is absolutely counter-intuitive. I would NEVER have found this on my own. "Show Item Tips" to me implies that a little pop-up "tip" or "hint" screen was going to come up. Sure would be nice to have this fixed in the next update.

What would "fixed" be in your view?

I agree, Robert - both 'Item' and Tips' are misleading - and it has always been a source of confusion.

What would you have looked for in Help? 'Expand memo' - 'Show memo' - Show more' ??

Note also that the title of this thread 'Show more than one line of a tag' could be confusing. On the rightclick menu in the Details view are options to 'Display more rows per tag' and 'Display fewer rows per tag' - and, if you check that out, it is quite different from the 'Item tips' option.

Virginia

What would "fixed" be in your view?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Life tends to get in the way, sometimes. Well, I'm not really sure. Something along the lines of "Display all text", or "Display all lines in multi-line text box", or something of that nature. Perhaps "Display all undisplayed text in multi-line text box". Not really sure. All I am sure of is that it is darned difficult to find it otherwise.

Thanks for your help.

Note also that the title of this thread 'Show more than one line of a tag' could be confusing. On the rightclick menu in the Details view are options to 'Display more rows per tag' and 'Display fewer rows per tag' - and, if you check that out, it is quite different from the 'Item tips' option.

That is true, but I quite often have so many tags/info for some people, that to "Display more rows per tag" would mean having to scroll down a LOT to see it all. However, that's not really a big deal, I guess.

Thanks