Sign in to follow this  
JohnR

A full point too many

In a Descendancy Narrative report I find an extra unwanted full stop after Places when they are in the middle of a paragraph e.g.

"on 12 Apr 1941 in St. Philip's Church, Sydney, New South Wales. . She died in Jan 1981 in"

but in an Individual Narrative report the same text reads: "on 12 Apr 1941 in St. Philip's Church, Sydney, New South Wales. She died in Jan 1981 in "

Looking for a spare full stop in options is like searching for a broken needle in a haystack, any printable suggestions would be appreciated.

John,

Does all the text come from one Tag or several? Assuming it is from several, my guess is you have a tag "printing" in the first case that has no text output, and is not selected in the second case. Perhaps a Tag with an exhibit attached but no text?

No, in this example it's a single marriage tag, but I also see it in a single birth tag for another person. In both cases the tag sentence structure displays correctly ending with the full stop and it does only occur in the Descendancy Narrative report for I have run samples to screen of the other textual reports with no problem.

I can see no consistency as to when this dot appears apart from the report type.

John,

Well, maybe not "several," but I think you are saying it is at least two - birth and marriage. And, I'm guessing in the case of the second report it's three.

Compare the settings on Tags tab under Options for the two reports. I think you will find a difference that's causing a third Tag to appear in the Descendancy Narrative.

I can't find the cause. It appears in tags for one person but not the next. May I pm you a short narrative because it contains living people? It will illustrate the problem.

John,

Sure. Or better yet, send it by email to this address. It would be best if you could send the report to Word or PDF and attach it to the email. Also, could you make a screenshot of the Details view of the person who is subject of the report and send that too?