Backup zip

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jennyjoyce

jennyjoyce
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

I get an error when I perform a backup on one of my projects.  The text is "Input file read failure - This error occurs when a file read operation is performed on a ZIP file that is locked or restricted by another process.

The resulting backup file looks like a normal size, but this still worries me. 

How do I find the offending ZIP file and unlock it?

Jenny

#2 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

Jenny -

There is no 'offending Zip' file.  You can get that error message when you backup directly to an external drive - like a thumb drive.  If that is your case, make the backup to your local drive and then copy the backup .sqz file to your external drive. 

Virginia

Win7 Professional x64

#3 jennyjoyce

jennyjoyce
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sorry, didn't get notification that there had been a reply. 

I am backing up to the local hard disk, not a USB.  Any other suggestions?

Jenny

#4 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

When you make your backup, does your backup path in the Backup wizard match the backup path for that specific project in Preferences / Current Project Options / Advanced - and is that a valid current path?

Are you including External Exhibits in your backup?

Virginia

Win7 Professional x64

#5 jennyjoyce

jennyjoyce
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

> When you make your backup, does your backup path in the Backup wizard match the backup path for that specific project in Preferences / Current Project Options / Advanced - and is that a valid current path

Aha!. No it wasn't. Thanks, that's solved the problem

#6 Autumn

Autumn
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

Unfortunately, I have to write this from memory so hope it is all correct. I had the same problem. After reading everything I could find from others having the same problem I found a solution accidentally. This is what I did.

1. Click File

2. Click Preferences

3. Click Advanced 

4. Double click on Backups (the file/location long address in a window) Starts with "C:\Users\(username)\documnets" etc. (username) being the name of your computer in the file system

5. Folder does not exist pops up

6. Choose create folder and address from step 4 will disappear

7. Close Preferences, go back into the program, and the problem is solved. I guess the proper folder has disappeared and needs the program to know where to put it. 

I really can't help with any questions because this all happened by accident and I only hope I wrote it all in proper order. I can't do it again because it is fixed.

Edited by Autumn, 30 September 2016 - 08:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Backup, zip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users