TPG

Unable to Print Journal Report in WordPerfect

I'm been using ver 8.08 for some time and have never encountered this problem before. I am attempting to print a Journal report in WordPerfect. When I do so, I get an Error Message "Array Dimensions are invalid". When I attempt to cancel the message, another screen appears with the message "unknown member: ROPROTECTIONMAN". When I try to cancel this message, I get into a loop which I can only get out of by going to the task manager and cancelling TMG there. HELP!!

Your advice to reset the report to its defaults worked. Thanks. As you suggested, I did not use any sources. I will have to add the sources in the future, but did not need them in the present case.

I am upset, however, by the need to reset the report to its defaults. What do the mysterious errors messages mean? Are they discussed in any manual or help file? Had I previously done something wrong? How can I avoid the problem in the future? What we appear to be reduced to is an undocumented mass of informal generic palliatives that seem to address problems. It reminds me of the general "bleed the patient" advice given in the older medical texts. In the great majority of cases, I honestly believe that I should be able to diagnose from the program documentation whatever caused my problem. I should at least be able to understand what I had done wrong.

To diagnose the issue, you would need to compare the report settings files with the issue and after the settings reset. You would then need to add back the settings one-by-one until the issue was encountered. Unfortunately, tracking something like this has no shortcuts.

What a shame! I really don't understand why the error messages must be so opaque. When TMG discovers that some of the array dimensions are invalid, it must at least known which dimensions it found invalid. Why not add that information to the error message? And what "member" exactly is "ROPROTECTIONMAN"? I never have seen anything like that in any of the documentation. This appears to just be sloppy amateurish error handling procedures.