back-up reminder TMGv8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 afinab

afinab
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

I have set TMG to remind me to back up when I click the little close button in the top right hand corner

A few days ago it suddenly stopped doing it, at least sometimes. There does not seem to be any pattern to it. I checked that the reminder option was still checked in the preferences and it was.

When it closes without backing up, and I then re-open TMG, and close again, it will usually remind me to back-up again.

In other words erratic behavior. Any thoughts?

Afina

#2 Max

Max
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

The same happens on my computer from time to time, not very often (Windwos 7, 64 bit). I did not yet find out the exact sequence of keystrokes of close button where it happens. As mentioned above, after a restart the reminder to backup appeared again.

Max

#3 afinab

afinab
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

Thanks, Max. At least I am not alone.

I don't think there is any particular series of keystrokes, just clicking the x in the corner does it; but I don't know.

Afina

#4 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

Afina -

An alternative to the Backup on Exit is a Backup button on your Custom Toolbar.  It runs much faster than the Backup on Exit - and is handy to backup during a work session if you have entered a lot of data - instead of waiting to backup until you shut down.    I have that button at the beginning of the toolbar - but it would be even more practical perhaps to put it at the right  end, near the X Close button so you don't forget it.  There is a video here showing how fast it runs with all the options selected.

There is more information on customizing TMG layouts and toolbars here.

Virginia

Win7 Professional x64

#5 afinab

afinab
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

Thanks, Virginia,

I know that I can back-up that way, I was just wondering about the funny behavior.

Afina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users