Sign in to follow this  
gray1720

Importing from version 4d (!) into 8 Silver UK

It's longer than I thought since I updated my software... though admittedly I did rather grind to a halt in 2004!

Anyway, I'm assuming that I have to buy the latest version of TMG, especially as I have just bought a latop running Windows 7. Can anyone offer help as to the best way to transfer my data from the old PC to the new one?

Many thanks,

Adrian

I believe that the import of v4.0d into the current version is broken; however, you can contact Support and have Dorothy import your database into an older TMG version and that project can be opened in the current version.

Just an update. Dorothy did indeed sort me out - in fact, all I needed to do was to back up my file, then import the .sqz file (actually, I guess I'd better check for any others on my old hard drive as well...) to my new computer. After a few minutes when it thought everyone on the picklist was number 186, which had me worried, it settled down and all seems fine.

Now I just have to catch up on 12 years and four versions worth of updated features... wish me luck!

Many thanks, Jim and Dorothy!

Adrian