Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Changing Exhibit Path

I have used an external hd to store my TMG Exhibits for years. The path that I set up at the beginning was T:TMG Exhibits.

I now want to change the external hd to a new, larger external hd (different drive letter).

If I go into my preferences and change the exhibit folder to the new path, do I have to change each individual exhibit to reflect this change (what a monumental task).

Is there a way that I can change all the exhibits to show the new path?

Jim,

There are several ways to address this. One is to use the path correction feature of the maintenance routine Validate File Integrity - on the screen after the prompt about it taking a long time is a place to enter the path to any missing exhibits (that means they have to be "missing" off the old drive, which you could accomplish by making a simple change to the folder name on the old drive). This will work fine as long as they are all in one folder, or a few folders, and as long as there are not exhibits of the same name in different folders.

Another way is to use the Find and Replace function in TMG Utility.

But perhaps simpler, if you don't have other items on the old external drive dependent on that path, would be to simply change the drive letter assignments of the two drives in Windows so the new drive has T:.

Thank you Terry for your help. I was able to accomplish my goal with your help and the help of TMG Utilities.

Jim