Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Project and data set

I've been using TMG for many years and I (like many others) have only one PROJECT. I have entered thousands of personal records over time and am now interested in producing REPORTS for specific groups of people.

For example, I want to develop a AHNENTAFEL for all decendents of a particular person within my project. This is the part of TMG that I'm an not well versed in.

I have read much about setting up either FOCUS GROUPS, FILTERED GROUPS and/or PROJECT EXPLORER to accomplish this task. So far I have not been very successful.

Can someone please give me some HOW TO help regarding this. I'm sure that this subject has been discussed in prior forums but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Jim,

I think you are making this way too difficult. You don't need to use filters or the like, just let the report pick the people you specify.

That said, I don't understand what you mean by Ahnentafel of all the descendants. Ahnentafel means "ancestor list," so it will show only a person's ancestors. It sounds like you need a descendants report. To do that use either the Descendant Indented Narrative or Journal set to Descendants if you want a narrative, or a Descendant Indented Chart if you want a chart style report.

In any case, specify the starting person in the Subjects area of the report definition, then on the General tab of Options specify the number of generations to be included. Other options on some reports let you specify how children's and spouse's events should be included.

Thanks again Terry, like you said, I was making too big a deal out of it. You brought me back to reality.

The desendants report is what I was looking for the whole time.