RadioHead33

Reference Field not showing up as I want

Howdy:

Just updated to V8.08 from V7.04. In my previous version my own "Reference" numbering system showed up in the "Reference" field (of course) of the "Other Info" box of the "Details" screen, but it also showed up in the "Name" line of the same screen. I liked it this way, for a couple of reasons. In V8.08 the reference number shows up only in the "Other Info" box.

Is there some way to get the reference number to show up in the "Name" box of the details field, as it did in V7.04?

One reason I prefer this, is because when I look "Father" and "Mother" tags of the details field, I can see immediately which parent was of which line. In the same way, I can see each child's reference number in the details window.

Any help gratefully accepted. :)

Rightclick in the Reference box and on that rightclick menu, click on 'Customize Other Info box'. Tick 'Reference' to appear in the Other Info Box if it is not already there. Then highlight 'Reference' and use the up/down arrows to move it to the top of the list and on the same line as Name - like this:

OtherInfoBox.jpg

Assuming that is what you have in mind (?).

Virginia

All, but-not-quite-most, what I meant. Sorry if I've been unclear. In your screen shot, in the "name" field itself, it would look like: Mary Katherine KEEBLER (2, SO 9) (1843-1915) A child's entry on the same details screen as shown on your example would appear as: William Franklin ALEXANDER (7, SO 97) (1871- ) .

See what I mean?

Edited by RadioHead33

Yes! Thank you! Or as my dear, departed mother would have said: "Bless your little cotton socks".

Thank you so much.

Robert ("RadioHead33")