Sign in to follow this  
Jan_C

TMG v9 Serial number / Registrarion

Hi
I have bought the upgrade from v8 to v9 and installed with no problems.
But when I try to unlock the trial-version with the serial number I got in the accompanying email;

I only get a response that the serial is illegal and I have to continue with the trial-version.
I note that the serial I received in the email when I bought the update is exactly similar to the one I had for v8 !!!

Is that correct ??

Any solution ?

rgds

Jan Christensen
Skien, Norway

:ohno:

Hi, Similar problem - downloaded and installed TMG9 upgrade OK, received email with confirmation of purchase, but no email with Serial Number received.

Would liked to have got into the full version straight away rather than the trial version, considering I have paid for it!!

Not good service in my opinion.

Regards, Mick UK.

Jan,

the Serail number for V9 is different from the Serial number ov V8. You should have got it on Mails "Your Wholly Genes Order #...." and "Serial Numberfor The Master Genalogist v9 ...". it is *not* in the Receipt/Purchase confirmation.

During purchasing the update in Internet one of the last forms should have shown the old and the new serial number in the left lower corner of the form.

When unlocking take care that Name and Email must also match the data supplied during the purchase.

Hi Helmut
The emails I have received from Wholly Genes are:
1: Wholly Genes Software Customer Receipt/Purchase _ (This is just a receipt for the purchase)
2: Your Download from Wholly Genes _ (This is a link for the download)
3: Your Wholly Genes Order #2135964 _ (This email displays only the old serial for v8.

Upgrade TMG Gold v8 to Gold v9 (Download only)       1        $29.95        $29.95               EDITION: EDITION_USG                                                                       tmgv8gcode: ............ )

I have sent an email to TMG Support, but have not received any answer from them yet.

rgds

Jan

Hi, Similar problem - downloaded and installed TMG9 upgrade OK, received email with confirmation of purchase, but no email with Serial Number received.

Would liked to have got into the full version straight away rather than the trial version, considering I have paid for it!!

Mick,

There is no reason to wait - trial version is the full version, it just won't do most things after 30 days. I'm sure WG will get your serial number issue worked out long before then.

Jan,

Sorry about my mistake. The code is not in this mail, it will be only in the "Serial number .." sent by Whollygenes Support to the same mail address. Maybe you should check your Spam folder for a false positive.