Gray_C

Missmatch 6222 GROLESEN4

I'm running TMG V9 on Windows 7 (64-bit) and am adding witnesses to a Census Tag when I'm presented with a pop-up saying "Operator/operand type mismatch 6222 GROLESEN4". I've already input two census tags since I started with V9 - no problems. In fact the previous Tag had the same witnesses. These witnesses are new (they were not in V8). The Tags have been used for ages and I have not changed them.

So - I open the Tag (Census 1871), fill in a few fields and then add a witness. It is when adding the second witness that the pop-up occurs. I try the three options on the pop-up - skip, retry, cancel - to no avail - the application is frozen and I need to use the Task manager to kill the application. I have tried VFI and optimise followed by a reboot - all to no avail.

I've been using TMG for a while (I think from V6) and rarely find errors.

This Tag is one of a series covering the English & Wales census indices and they are meant to be the same other than the date in the sentences for the roles. I say "meant to be" since some may have an extra role which I've not added to all of the others.

As mentioned above - this error happens when I select the "add witness" symbol in one Tag and where I have one witness already there. I had previously used the 1851 and 1861 Tags and the witnesses are the same for 1861 and 1871. There is a difference between the two census entries - 1871 has a "head of family" but no "wife".

I have not yet tried the other census tags (1841, 1881-1911) nor have I yet tried the 1871 tag with another family. I will probably do that tonight.

We can't replicate the error and need your data.

Please send me a backup of the project with the problem (project files, accents and filters only) and an exact description of how to replicate the error.

If your project backup is too large to email, then send it to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab and let me know the name of the file that you uploaded.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

Nice to know it is a bug and will be fixed. I have the same problem with some of my Tags, not all of them. I wasn't adding but just trying to look at an existing witness input in TMG 8.

I experience this bug EVERY time I try to add a witness to a tag which makes v9.0 totally unusable.

This fatal error needs fixing as a priority.

This error does not appear using the same data in V8.

Good news that you have fixed the problem in 9.1.

Can you provide us with some indication as to how long we have to wait before this is released?

Wholly Genes did the fix. Nobody but us users here. The EXE build was done last Sunday. Bob has been looking at some installer issues and will release it when he is ready.