Windows 32 and 64 bit. TMG is a Windows only program, so you would need some form of a virtual machine package, like Parallels, to run on the other operating systems. Several users successfully run TMG that way.

This is certainly a tiny problem, but is it possible for me to change the color of the TMG v.9 icon? I would like to differentiate from v.8 as it happened with previous versions.

Edited by vabopi

You can, sort of. You can't actually change the internal one, but you can change the icon for the shortcut you use to open the program, whether you use one on the desktop or the Start Menu. When you do that the Taskbar icon will be the same as the one from the shortcut you used to open the program. However, when you send a report to screen and it creates a new window, the Taskbar icon for that window will be the one built into the program.

If you want to try this, right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties. On the Properties screen click Change Icon, and find the icon you like. The TMG 4, 5, and 7 icons are in the "graphics" folder of the folder where TMG is installed and are easy to find.

Thank you for the answer. But as a matter of fact, my scope was to differentiate two windows v.8 and v.9 side by side by the icon on the top bar. Being a Mac user, the shortcut is not relevant.

You could label them using the Layout toolbar. Open the Layout toolbar (docked or floating) in each version. Save the layout in each version with the version name. In a split window they would look like this:

layouts.jpg

Virginia

What I did was change the colors in v8 to a bright yellow and bright pick so I'm immediately aware if I open the wrong version by mistake. Also both icons are on the quick start bar in Windows 7 and I know the right hand one if v9. Also hovering over the icon gives you the item tip identifying which is which.

vapobi... The best solution is simple... Once you are comfortable with v9, remove v8. v9 is v8 with a few enhancements and a number of bug fixes. There is no point to having both v8 and v9 installed. v9.01 will deal the known loose ends in v9.00.

Thank you for your 3 suggestions. I shall use all 3 !!!

the evolution from v7 to v8 seemed easier and... btw, a better investment.