Gray_C

V9 - census roles have been changed

Good morning. I've just had a bit of a shock. I had previously upgraded to V9 but, due to the problem I had with adding witnesses, am using the same database with V8 until V9.01 arrives. I have Census tags with roles and sentances for the witnesses. So - for example - I have the principles as head of Family and Wife with the sons, daughters, servants, lodgers, aunts, father-in-law, etc, etc. I have just found that on a signifiant number of census entries - the role names have been completely altered.

One example shows that my P1 is now Father, with a son being Head of Family with two daughters now being wives.

Help...

Please send me a backup of the project with the problem (project files, accents and filters only) and an exact description of how to see the issue. (a focus person, tag name and date, a description of what the roles should be) I'll examine the project and get it to the programmer so that he can look at it.

If your project backup is too large to email, then send it to the Wholly Genes server using Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab and let me know the name of the file that you uploaded.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

Good afternoon - and many thanks for the quick reply. You can see this behaviour from the project I shared with you for my other problem (Gray_C 2014-02-10 19-27-56.sqz). In this case please look at "Jabez Pluck" (1:637) and the 1861, 1871, 1881 and 1891 census tags. This is visible elsewhere in the project (e.g. 1:437, 1881) but I'd hesitate to say how much of the project is impacted.

If you need me to re-send you the link to this backup file - just let me know.

Thanks again. Your quick and positive responses - with those of everyone involved with TMG - help keep this way ahead of the competition.

What version of TMG8 are you changing to?

Your are working in English (UK)?

For the Census 1861 tag, what should be the correct roles for all individuals... P1, P2, other witnesses?

Hi,

I was originally using V8.08, UK Gold - and migrated to V9.00 UK Gold (I've just double-checked using "About The Master Genealogist" from the Help Menu). As far as I can tell, it was the migration that seems to have caused this change in roles. I have reverted to using V8 with an earlier backup.

The UK 1861 census (Class: RG 9; Piece: 1115; Folio: 21; Page: 9; ) is of Jabez (637) with his wife Betsey (751); children Jane (752), William (761) and Kate (753). The tag should have Jabez with the role "Head of Family", Betsey as wife, Jane & Kate as daughters and William as son.

Do you have a backup made before you updated the project to v9 and got the data corruption. If so, I need that.

The developer also sees some issues in DS 17 and would like:

"Helen's Grey Names.FTW"

if you have it.