• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John W Van Dyke

John W Van Dyke
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hi,

I am having a problem opening my project. It starting the program it starts with Repair Mode activated. I click the OK button and the program begins loading. At that point it opens the Welcome window to select a project. I select my project. It than has a window saying "An error happened when opening the data tables... and this is displayed (Repair Mode) C:\Users\John\Documents\The Master Genealogist v8\Projects\My VAN DYKE-SMITH PROJECT ND.dbf not found.

Where do I go from here...

Thanks,

John

Brewer, Maine

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

The ND table is missing or corrupted. The easiest solution is to revert to your last backup.

#3 John W Van Dyke

John W Van Dyke
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hi Jim,

I was afraid that was the answer... :-(

#4 Citereh

Citereh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

I have the exact same problem, all of a sudden, out of the blue. I have problems with TMG so very seldom, that I never remember how to fix them!

Please, how do I revert to my last backup? I searched topics and didn't find that.

Thank you!

#5 Jim Byram

Jim Byram
  • Moderators
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

File / Restore

Select [Restore project].

Select the appropriate backup file and restore it to the same folder as the current project.

Choose [Yes] when restore asks you if you want to overwrite the existing project.

#6 Citereh

Citereh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

I'm glad I checked back tonight. I never got an email saying that I had a reply. I will double check those settings, and check my junk email folder.

Thank you!!! That worked, and I am up and running again. I panic when something goes wrong with TMG. Fortunately it is a rare occurance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users