Sign in to follow this  
John W Van Dyke

MY VAN DYKE-SMITH PROJECT_PROJECT_ND.dbf not found

Hi,

I am having a problem opening my project. It starting the program it starts with Repair Mode activated. I click the OK button and the program begins loading. At that point it opens the Welcome window to select a project. I select my project. It than has a window saying "An error happened when opening the data tables... and this is displayed (Repair Mode) C:\Users\John\Documents\The Master Genealogist v8\Projects\My VAN DYKE-SMITH PROJECT ND.dbf not found.

Where do I go from here...

Thanks,

John

Brewer, Maine

I have the exact same problem, all of a sudden, out of the blue. I have problems with TMG so very seldom, that I never remember how to fix them!

Please, how do I revert to my last backup? I searched topics and didn't find that.

Thank you!

File / Restore

Select [Restore project].

Select the appropriate backup file and restore it to the same folder as the current project.

Choose [Yes] when restore asks you if you want to overwrite the existing project.

I'm glad I checked back tonight. I never got an email saying that I had a reply. I will double check those settings, and check my junk email folder.

Thank you!!! That worked, and I am up and running again. I panic when something goes wrong with TMG. Fortunately it is a rare occurance.