Patt

Mother showing top right of daughter

I'm not sure if this is the way it supposed to be. I've attached an example (I hope I did it right)

Barbara Theresia Maes is in the 2nd generation. She is the daughter of Brigitta Maes and an unknown father. Her mother is correctly shown as female. But, she is printing in what I think of as the male position.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Patt Ricketts

post-23-0-24415000-1393200265_thumb.jpg

On Barbara's person view her father is empty as I haven't entered anything for him. And Brigitta is shown in the mother's slot.

Her father will never be known as her birth, marriage and death records all show her as the illigimate daughter of Brigitta.

Patt

Patt -

Barbara has a Father. He is Unknown and a Male. You could enter her father in the database as Unknown Person - with no marriage/spouse connection with Brigitta (liaison maybe?).

Or on the chart, edit boxes for Barbara's Father and Mother lines so Father is in expected position. Maybe type 'Father unknown' in father box.

Virginia

Virginia,

I guess your saying this is the way its supposed to work, which is what my question was. I know I can edit the boxes, but it seemed to me that the mother should always go in the mother's position. Next time I generate this chart I'll know to edit it.

Patt