Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kim.Sanders

Install/Registration Issues

A couple of Weeks ago, I paid for the Upgrade from version 8 to v9. I backed up my v8 data and accessed the Download.php. Then I went about entering some Data. I went about trying to add a Tag and got completely locked Out. After trying to Access my v9 once again a few Minutes ago, and Still locked out, I Decided to Uninstall my v9, back up my v8 data once Again, and tried to access the Download.php once Again.

Unfortunately, Even though I've Paid for the v9 Upgrade, I was Automatically informed that “This download has expired or is invalid.”

What can I do Now, so that I can Reinstall v9? I Don't feel that I should have to pay the 29.95 USD Again to have v9. I Bought v9 GoldUK. My Email is Mr.Kim.Sanders@shaw.ca, so that I can get a fresh v9 GoldUK Upgrade link emailed to me.

I Was able to Install and Laucnh v9 using the link that you Provided, Jim Byram.

Then, when I hit the Unlock option after entering my Registration Info (First Name, Last Name, E-Mail, and Serial Number exactly as shown in my confirmation e-mail, from when I Bought v9) Now I get the Following Message “Registration data is invalid. You will be prompted to register again when you next start the application. In the meantime, we will continue in trial mode.

Please contact technical support if you continue to have trouble.”

So, I'm Back, needing next Step(s).

OK. I put “Mr.Kim.Sanders's TMG v9UKGold Registration Issue” as the Subject. Following that, here's the Body to my e-mail

1. I'm following Jim Byram's suggestion at http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=15563&do=findComment&comment=63958 to contact you regarding my registration issue.

2. While I'm At it, I'd like to Upgrade my TMG v8UKGold project so that it's v9UKGold. How do I go about doing That? and How do I Change the name of That v9UKGold project (since Both v9UkGold projects Can't have the same Name when I Merge them)?

Mr.Kim.Sanders

Calgary (Alberta) Canada

This is Still about TMG9 being a Huge Disappointment. Me being locked Out of v9, and feeling that I had to go Back to v8. And the fact that v9 Isn't recognizing my Registration. It's very Much a Huge Disappointment.

And how will “support@whollygenes.com” know where to Look, when my Comments would be moved with out Consulting with me first? I'm Very disappointed.

The other topic has to do with the long term design and development of TMG. And the fact that the users posting would like to see the underlying database manager changed.

Your posts have to do with your installation, registration, and usage issues with TMG9. And were completely off-topic in the other topic.

I have no idea why you added your email to Wholly Genes to the forum. Dorothy should respond to you by email regarding your issues with TMG9. And she should be able to resolve your registration issues and will respond to those issues privately.

v9.01 has been released. You should download that if you downloaded before it was released.

Once you have TMG9 running, you can backup your project in TMG8 and restore it in TMG9. I have no idea why you would want to change the name of your project. There is no need to do so. Once you start working on your project in TMG9, there is no need to work on it in TMG8.

I am my wife's tech support such as I am. She is the researcher and primary user. Recently we installed TMG v9 Gold upgrading from v8. Following the upgrade we restored data from v8 and everything seemed fine. My wife looked at the database but does not remember changing anything and was probably in v8. Today she noticed that v8 was loading and we discovered that v8 and v9 are both loaded and both have icons on the screen. I found that v8 and v9 have their own folder. I uninstalled v8 through the Control Panel. When we started v9 it reported:

cannot load 32-bit DLL bblistviewv.ocx.113 TMGAPPOBJ.REGISTERCONTROL

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 48
TMGAPPOBJ.DOFORM

How should I proceed?

Uninstall TMG9.

Download the 'trial' installer from the Wholly Genes website and install it.

You might need to unlock again.

That should resolve the issue.

(The issue is that the bblistview control was not properly registered. If the reinstall doesn't work, I'll explain how to register the control manually.)