dgmock

Exhibit Folder Path in v9 Different Than in v8

I upgraded from TMG v8 to TMG v9, and I transferred my old database to the new install using backup/restore. In the old v8 database, I have hundreds of exhibits linked into TMG. These exhibits are located in an exhibit folder that is located in a different directory than the default TMG directory. WIthin this exhibit folder, I have painstakingly organized the exhibits in a number of subfolders that are nested several folders deep. Tonight I backed-up my new v9 database and was surprised to see that nearly 400 of these exhibits were not found during the backup. Upon closer look, I see that in these cases TMG v9 is looking for exhibits in a folder that is one folder higher than where they are actually located. For example, I have a lot of Word documents actually stored in a folder named .../Genealogy/Exhibits/Word Docs, but for some reason TMG v9 thinks they are stored in .../Genealogy/Exhibits (note: these are not the exact folder names, but illustrate the point). When I try to load these exhibits directly from within TMG v9, I get a "File . . . not found" error, in which the wrong (i.e., shorter) path is specified. The TMG v9 properties for the exhibits also give the wrong path. However, when I try to load the same exhibits from TMG v8, everything seems to work properly. Two questions: (1) What has gone wrong here, and (2) How can I fix it?? Thanks for any help!!

Use the external exhibits feature of Validate File Integrity. Add the appropriate base folder(s) to the 'List of folders for location' screen and click the [search in subfolders] button to enable the recursive tree search. VFI will update the exhibit paths.