Tracy

TMG 7.04 Silver export files vary in size during same day

Hello,

My TMG 7.04 silver database contains 92,720 people with citations. On previous gedcom exports I would always check the completed export file size to be sure that it was bigger than the previous file before I uploaded it as occasionally I've had trouble.

A couple of days ago I decided to update the January 2014 version of my online file, so I ran export. The file size was smaller than the Jan 2014 file, so I ran it again. The next gedcom file came out slightly larger, but still not larger than the January file, indicating that something was wrong and verified by looking at the file on rootsweb.com.

So yesterday I ran export again twice (yes, I must be crazy to do it again and again) and the file sizes were 1 kb. Today I ran it twice and I'm getting zero size files and it running light lightning.

Will an upgrade correct this problem? Is there something else I'm doing wrong. I'm not changing the default settings except to check the "export citation" field. The "suppress info for living" is unchecked.

HP laptop with Windows 7.

Thanks. Tracy Tallman

Thank you Virginia. I'll give it a try now. My anti-virus was updating this morning when I started at least one of the 1kb attempts.

Tracy

Virginia - just wanted to let you know it worked! I can't be 100 percent sure everyone is there, but the file is larger than the one in January and recently added people are complete.

Thanks very much for your quick assistance.

Tracy